What are your hair goals for 2023?
How to set Hair Goals Some questions to ask yourself: What is your current hair condition? (Dr...Read More
No products in the cart.
Hot oil treatments are an amazing, amazing deep conditioning treatment that leaves hair feeling good inside and out. It is a deeply nourishing treatment that resolves many hair problems. It leaves hair moisturized, shiny and soft.
People with all types of hair can do hot oil treatments, whether you consider your hair naturally oily or naturally dry, relaxed hair, natural hair, all hair types benefit immensely from this kind of treatment. Whether your hair problem is dry hair, thinning hair, breaking hair, frizzy hair, scaly or dandruff prone scalp; your hair will benefit from a hot oil treatment.
Do not be concerned that doing a hot oil treatment will leave your hair oily and weighed down because natural oils wash off easily with warm water after you are done with the treatment. You do not have to wash your hair before applying the oil, you will wash hair after treatment.
Here are a few ways in which you can incorporate an oil treatment into your hair regimen:
1. If you have low porosity hair, which is hair that has difficulty absorbing moisture because its cuticle is not penetrated easily, it is important to include a heating element during your oil treatment process.
DO NOT HEAT OIL IN MICROWAVE BECAUSE THAT WILL BREAK DOWN NUTRIENTS IN THE OIL AND LEAVE OIL UNABLE TO BENEFIT YOUR HAIR
2. If you do not fancy applying a hot liquid on your sensitive scalp you may consider warming the oil with a hot towel
3. If you are not up to doing the treatment by heating the oil, you can choose to “hot” oil treat using the greenhouse method:
4. If you have a hooded dryer or deep conditioning heat cap:
5. If you have a steamer or are going to a steam room at the gym: